Anyway.. About 2 weeks ago Stampin Up send me a free cute little white box with the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps in it. I was already thinking, who can I give this too this Christmas. because I was not planning on using them at all..
Then my daugther came in this morning and asked me 'What are these mom?' while holding them in her hand.. 'Well..' I said.. (I was thinking very fast in my head.. I could say.. 'I don't know..' and 'Why did you open that little box?'.. Or I could tell her the truth and tell her that they were cookie stamps... but then I knew what would happen... Her eyes would go wide and her cute little voice would ask me to make cookies with her.. ) So guess what happened.. Yip.. baking cookies it was.
There was actually a recipe for the cookies included in the box.. Stampin Up must have been thinking of me. I looked through it and yes there was no excuse.. we had all the ingredients in our house.. 'Okay, okay let's give it a try!' I said and she ran to the bathroom and said. 'Jippie! I am going to wash my hands mom!' She was so excited..
So I .. I mean, we were going to make some cookies..
We poured the 1 cup of granulated sugar (+ additional sugar for rolling.) + 1 cup of powdered sugar over the soft butter and started mashing the whole thing with a fork..
Then we preheated the oven to 350 Farenheit / 175 Celcius.
- I am never to old, to try out something new (smile)
- Cookies are fun to bake and wow, does it ever smell good in our home!
- Cookie recipes without leavening (such as baking powder or baking soda) will result in the sharpest images. Cookie recipes with leavening will rise, causing the image to become less distinct.
- With this recipe we were able to bake about 30 cookies.
- My daughter was so proud of me / us.. Love that!
- and last but not least, they tasted so yummy!
Have a fun day and I hope I encouraged you to do some baking :) I would love to hear how yours turned out!
To order the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps, please visit my online Stampin Up store and look for the item number#125152 - $20.95.
Doughy hugs, Pauline