look

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Jewish Celebrations Shalom card by Stampin Up and me

 
 

Shalom to you dear Stampers.

 

How did your Tuesday go? I hope it was a good day and I hope you had some time to play as well with your crafting goodies. Any day is a good day in my books, if I have a little time for myself to create a card.

 

 

A couple of years ago, Stampin' Up! released this gorgeous stamp set called Jewish Celebrations! Now, this silly me, thought it was not for sale anymore, because this stamp set is not shown in the main SU Catalogue of this year. (I am not sure on the ins and outs on that decision, but all I have to say is, that it is a real shame)

Now, a couple of weeks ago I made my own little discovery of the day.. and if you heard a loud squeal, it was me :) This beautiful is still for sale online!!! So guess what I did.. I ordered it and today I was able to play with it for the first time. 

 

 
 

I hope you don't mind me sharing a little bit of one of my other passions these days. I am trying to learn a little Hebrew. I think it is one of my favorite languages in the world. The depth and beauty in it.. is beyond me..

Now, most of you probable know that the Hebrew word shalom is understood around the world to mean "peace." However, "peace" is only one small part of the meaning. "Shalom" is used to both greet people and to bid them farewell, and it means much more than "peace, hello or goodbye"....

Hebrew words go beyond their spoken pronunciation. Each Hebrew word conveys feeling, intent and emotion. Shalom is more then just simply peace; it is a complete peace. It is a feeling of contentment, completeness, wholeness, well being and harmony.

According to the Strong's Concordance 7965, Shalom means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full.

Lovely isn't it?

 

 
 

Okay.. I had another profound moment today while creating this card.

I discovered that I could use 2 of Stampin Up's punches with one of the main images of this stamp set.

 

There is the hexagon punch (#130919 - $21.95) and the 2 1/2 inch circle punch (#120906 - $22.95).

How cool is that!


 

Please CLICK HERE if you would like to order the 'Jewish Celebrations' from Stampin Up for your own card making and scrapbook pages.

 

 
 

Now, I would like to enter my card in to the 156th Paper Players Sketch Challenge of this week. The talented and sweet LeAnne created a really nice layout for us.  So I tried to implement the sketch and details of her sweet sketch.. but it was trickier than I thought it would be when I wanted to use the circle instead of the rectangle.. Anyhoo.. this is what I came up with.. (smile)

 

Have a beautiful sleep tonight, I know I am off to bed soon.

 

Shalom!!

3 comments:

  1. Pauline, the card is fabulous. I'm so pleased that this set is still in the catalog. I love that you used it with the hexagon punch! How very clever of you:-) I really like the way you put the horizontal element off kilter to add more interest. Fabulous card. So glad you shared it with the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline, I never know what I will find when I visit you...today it is a lesson in Hebrew, and what a fine lesson it was! I now love the word "shalom" even more! And you are quite clever with your punches here....what a wonderful idea and very creative! Thanks for making my sketch look great this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely, Pauline! I love the layering. This is one of my favorite sets. A wonderful post, too. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline