look

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Baby steps by Stampin Up and me






And a beautiful busy Sunday it was.


the other day I received such a sweet little note from Anne Marie . This lady has one incredible beautiful blog with amazing cards, called: 'Stampin' Anne'. She is also a member of the Paper Players Challenge website. The card that I added for their Color Challenge #42 was chosen as a 'Cut Above'. So SO cool! What an honour! Seriously.. These ladies have a talent that goes above and beyond.

Each of the design team, picks their favorite card and Lesly picked mine. Oh how fun! She and her lovely team members had already given me so many sweet comments on this card last week, which I so treasured, that I felt double blessed hearing from them again. This is what Lesly Croghan from 'Always playing with paper' and the PP - team wrote to me:


  • 'As I looked through the selection of wonderful cards created, I kept being drawn to the hilarious and sweet card created by Pauline at the Pursuit of Stampiness. I really giggled when I first clicked on her card, such a clever use of stamps, ingenious really!! Those colours are fun and bright and I feel that she captured the 'mood' of them perfectly. I also loved how she used the flower brads... they look perfect on this card. Congratulations on being a Cut Above this week Pauline'.

'Thanks so much Lesly, for making me smile and for highlighting those details of my card'. & Yes!I agree with you on the 'giggle' factor of my card. So fun eh! I love the ants.. Please visit her blog.. she has such a huge talent in creating cards.

Well, today I had some time to play again for their next Paper Players Clean and simple challenge #43. & in my humble opinion it turned out so SO cute.. I love it. They challenged us to keep it simple.. Now for some reason, that was a hard one for me. So I sneaked in a couple of cute 'simple' additions. I love how one of the elephants is carrying a little tag that says 'peanut', From what I understand of elephants is that they love peanuts and from what I understand from Canadians and Americans is that they call their little babies sometimes little 'peanuts'.. So I felt so 'with it' when I came up with that idea :) Oohh.. I love having a creative hobby.. Sorry I just get so tickled about this kind of stuff.

Well.. Grandma Carolyn is here and I want to spend some quality time with her :) No fun having a computer on my lab while we are chatting.


Have a good good sleep ladies!

Inky hugs, Pauline

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Pauline, I am so happy you played with us again! Thanks for letting me know your thoughts and for sharing! I am smiling! This card is adorable, I especially love that elephant's ear! How cute! The pearls on the scallop border look perfect too! Hope you had a good visit with Grandma Carolyn!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline, congratulations again on your PP pick! Your card was awesome! I love your sweet baby card, today. The colors are fantastic and I love the sweet details you added. That "peanut" tag makes me smile! :) Hope you are having a fun time with Grandma Carolyn. Hugs to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cute card, and I just love that ear, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Paper Players pick, Pauline!! I was beyond thrilled to see your card featured. :)

    Love this card and how you did the ear on the mama elephant. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So seet and cute. It's obvious why they picked your card; it's stunning!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hygs,
    Stella

    p.s. Ik vind het hele idee en de gedachte achter de kaart he-le-maal tóp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pauline, ANOTHER amazing card this week. I love what you did with the elephant ears. I would never have thought to do that, yet it gives the image dimension. The addition of the "peanut" tag... perfect! I love all the detail, humor - and love, that you put into your card.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week and shared this fabulous card
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pauline, it is always a joy to read your blog and see your creations! This little baby card is no exception, and that little peanut tag is perfect! So are the ears!!! Thanks for playing again with us! Enjoy your time with your grammy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card Pauline! I love how you did the elephant ear - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pauline this is just a fabulous card! From the perfectly placed elephants to the perfect details like the ear and the tag to the FABulous color combination! ADORE it! So glad you could join us again at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, Pauline! I love the ears...and of course, the "peanut" tag is the perfect touch! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so CUTE!!!!! love the elephants image~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline