look

Friday, April 15, 2011

Thoughts & prayers by Stampin Up and me




Here is the view from our window yesterday morning. It inspired me to stamp my tree in white today.

Good Friday morning to you.

And the snow is melting ...AGAIN... Yesterday we had about 12 inches of snow.. yip.. winter wonderland again. Do I have to say more?


This morning I hopped over to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge side . They encouraged us in their 84th Challenge to use the color purple or wood in our cards. As the time of Easter is coming closer they reflected with us on what a huge thing Jesus did for us on the cross about 2000 years ago, now. It still blows me away.. He is the One that looks at me with eyes full of grace and love and patience. He keeps reminding me not to give up and to keep the hope and love.. He is stronger than 'death'! Now who else can say that? Right...


The ingredients of this card:


  • I inked up one of the tree images of the 'Thoughts and Prayers' (#113252 - $31.95) stamp set from Stampin Up in my Whisper White craft ink. (#101731 - $9.25)

  • After that I rolled my stamped Concord Crush card stock from Stampin Up (#119792 - $8.50 for 24 smooth sheets) through my Big Shot Die-cutting machine (#113439 - $132.95) together with my Vintage Wallpaper textured embossing folder (#120175 - $10.95).

  • Then I layered this piece on a some Whisper White card stock (#100730 - $9.25 for 40 sheets) and Crumb Cake card stock from Stampin Up (#120953 - $8.50 for 24 smooth sheets of card stock).

  • I used one sheet of my Designer series Paper Pack - In Color - Level 1 Hostess set. (#121028) This 6x6 paper pack with 60 sheets is a free product, that Stampin Up offers you among the many other beautiful choices of stamps + another $20 that you can spend on anything you like from their catalogue, after you spend $200 on SU items. I so love this paper.. and the variety of designs.

  • I added some sticky pearls and some Crumb Cake ribbon.

  • I used one of my 2 favorite punches to high light the sentiment on my card. My SU Modern Label punch (#119849 - $23.95) + the SU Word Window punch (#119857 - $22.95) + my SU Scallop trim border punch (/118402 - $22.95)

Wow, that was a huge list.. All for one card. I love mixing and matching my SU stuffies. A card is never the same. Inky hugs, Pauline

10 comments:

  1. Hoi Pauline,
    Wat een mooie kaart is het weer. Wat een tegen stelling van het weer op Goede Vrijdag,jullie in de sneeuw wij in de zon.
    Groetjes,
    Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hele mooie kaart, Pauline! Mooi door zijn eenvoud.
    Is dat bloemetje waar het lint doorheen zit ook van SU?

    En ik vind je "religieuze gedachten" ook heerlijk om te lezen. Jij verwoordt vaak zo mooi wat je bedoelt en ik begrijp je helemaal. Ben zelf nog wat "zoekende" en heb veel aan je woorden.
    Thanx daarvoor!
    En ook voor je lieve woorden op mijn blog, waardeer ze heel erg!

    Liefs, San

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the white tree on the concord crush and having it embossed just makes it all pop. Sorry you still have snow, but it is beautiful picture. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the concord crush with the crumb cake...very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I have that set and I need to bring it out and USE IT! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Pauline!! I love the multiple punches you used.

    I'm amazed you got that much snow yesterday - glad to hear it's melting though! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous!!! Love the white on purple! Your scene out your window is gorgeous and was great inspiration... though personally I'm ready to be done with winter! :) Thanks for playing along with Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Pauline - this is wonderful! I love that image and the gorgeous colours! I love the scene from your window! It is great having you play along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge - we love to see you and be inspired by your creations! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the elegant touch of this card. The enbossed background is STUNNING! Well; in fact the whole card is stunning! :)
    Enjoy your weekend; I hope spring is now it;s way to you. It finally arrived here :)
    Hugs,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wat een mooie kaart Pauline. Kan me voorstellen dat je door de foto geïnspireerd raakt om in het wit te stempelen. Het effect is heel mooi. Hopelijk zet de dooi voor jullie nu ook echt door. Hier in Holland is het echt heerlijk voorjaar!

    Fijen zondag verder. groetjes, Annemiek

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline