And yes, in all the business to get ready with the kids, I completely forgot to look in the mirror :) (sigh) and yes my hair has 'I am a mom' written all over it...
But we had fun and it was such yummy food! Very kid-friendly and mom - friendly. No dishes to clean and we had left overs for the next day, so I didn't have to cook :)
- The Retired Stamp List will be released on April 15, 2012 and stamps will be available through May 31, 2012.
- The Retired Accessories/Décor Elements Lists will be released on April 25, 2012. Retiring accessories and Stampin' Up! Décor Elements (being discontinued) will only be available while supplies last so be sure to mark your calendar and ORDER EARLY.
- I am sad to include in this little news flash, that the 2010-2012 In Color items (Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, Concord Crush, Poppy Parade) will be retiring with the release of the new catalogue as well. So if you're like me, then you want to make sure that you have enough of these colours in your stash of card stock, ink, markers and ribbon.
- Stampin' Up! also announced, that starting this year, they have eliminated the Summer Mini Catalog. The future Holiday and Spring Minis will be bigger and last longer (5 months vs. 4, much easier on my brain). The annual catalog (new In Colors, stamps, designer series paper--woo hoo) will start a month earlier (June 1, 2012) and the Holiday Mini will start a month earlier as well (August 1, 2012--better timing for Halloween and fall projects). I'm really excited about this simplified schedule!
- SO, PLEASE REMEMBER that the Stampin' Up! 2012-2013 Catalog will be released June 1, 2012, a month earlier than in the past :)
LeAnne from the Paper Players set the stage for a beautiful color combination of Not quite Navy, Pool Party and Certainly Celery. I added a little Old Olive colour touch myself and I was ready to roll.
And yes, I can almost hear you thinking... 'Isn't this card a bit to elegant for a masculine birthday card?' Yip, you're right.. I didn't create this card for my hubby. This one is coming in my suitcase to Holland. A dear friend of me will be having her birthday while I am there and I love to give this one to her. My daugther made this years birthday for her daddy. And he loved it! She is so creative and she just loves to come into my room as soon as I set my feet in the door to craft. Mom, can I help? Now, how can I resist ... It's so much fun crafting together anyway, right!
So I guess that's it for this post. but before I leave, I have to tell you how spoiled I am this week. Monday a dera friend came over and we created some beautiful cards together while catching up. Last night my dear friend Darlene came over and we worked on her super cute wedding favors and if all turns out well this evening I am creating cards again with another dear friend. I know what a week. My hubby has been out of town a whole lot these last few weeks, so these evenings are well spend in the mids of all my Stampin Up goodies. I am loving it and although he is missed, having the time to create and to be with my friends is sure a nice ad on!
Inky hugs, Pauline