look

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Henry says chalkboard card by Stampin Up and me

 
 

Hi dear Stampers.

Thanks for stopping by.

I love LOVE how this card turned out.

The other day the UPS man delivered my white craft ink pad from Stampin Up, along with some other yummy new goodies.

So when I saw the Friday Mashup Challenge # 101 of this week, I knew I wanted to play along with their Chalkboard technique Challenge.

 

 
 

When you take a good look at the 'Henry says' Stampin Up stamp set, (#128093 - $26.95) you can almost smell that dusty chalk on those vintage old chalkboards. The lines on the images of the elephant and the sentiments are kind of drawn in a shaky way, if you know what I mean. Just perfect for any chalkboard card you want to create.

 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 

It was seriously so easy to create this chalk technique. I didn't do any embossing. I just inked up the image in the whisper white ink and I stamped it on my Basic Black card stock.

I also sponged the edges of card stock a little with the white ink as well, to create some nice contrast in this card. Then I wiped off  the excess ink with some tissue. After that I lightly sponged around the images and in blank areas with my Whisper White Craft ink to create the look of chalk dust.

 
 

 
 

And there you go..

Henry is ready to celebrate his new chalkboard look!

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did creating it.

Inky hugs, Pauline

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love all your flower and button details. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wat is ie leuk! Deze techniek had ik pas ook gezien en ga ik zeker binnenkort ook eens proberen. bedankt voor de inspiratie!

    groetjes, Annemiek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Henry looks perfect in chalk!! So cute! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card and I just love that colour combinations. Great chalky look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline