look

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lattice Die - Fancy flower punch card by Stampin Up and me

 
 
 
Hi dear Stampers,
 
I had some time last night to create. Oh, I love when that happens. We had a whole load of snow on the weekend here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and after plowing way to much snow away, I was happy to crawl in my warm and cozy studio and leave everything that was on my 'to do list' behind me. (sigh)
 
 

 
 
 

At SU regionals last Saturday they taught us how to create some different 3-D flowers. I have to say, these flowers are just so so sweet :) & I am in love!

 So today's card for sure needed a flower :) right.. I punched 2 flowers out of my Summer Starfruit Stampin Up card stock (#126839 - $8.50 for 24 sheets), with my Fancy Flower Punch (#118073 - $22.95).

The next step was to spray them with some water and to crumble them up.

After that I opened them up again and glued the top flower to the bottom flower by using mini glue dots. + One of the gorgeous and super cute Sale-A-Bration buttons of this year to finish my flower off.

 
 

 
 
 

My Stampin Up's Lattice Die (#115958 - $26.95) never disappoints. I rolled it 3 times through my Big Shot with 3 different papers. After that, it was like making a puzzle on my card. I mixed and matched the little pieces that were cut so nicely and I glued them on to the base of my Pool Party card stock. 

 

Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive Lattice Bigz die create delicate designs from any card stock, Designer Series paper, or other material. Use the Lattice design as an elegant overlay or a focal piece on your project. This Lattice die was designed as a repeatable image, allowing you to create beautiful designs on larger projects as well.
■ Can cut through multiple sheets of card stock, Texture Cuts wood sheets, window sheets, Décor Elements sheets, and more
■ Use with Sizzix Big Shot machine and standard cutting pads G281
■ Die size: 5-1/2" x 6"

 
 

 
 
 

These 2 Challenges inspired me to create my card last night.

LeAnne from The Paper Players gave us one beautiful Challenge #135 for this week with the 'In stitches'theme - So anything sewing, stitched was welcome. That's how I came up with my quilt idea for my card.

 

 And the lovely ladies of the Friday Mashup #99 gave me a great palette of colours to work with.

Please hop over to their blogs to see what the design teams have created. And for sure leave them some love. They so deserve it!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My Layout inspiration came from the 'Elke kaart een Feestje' Challenge #157. I turned the sketch upside down and turned the squares into circles and this is what I came up with.

I love visiting dutch blogs.. As you might know, I was born and raised in The Netherlands and to be able to participate with other dutch creative people, really makes my day :)

 
 

 
 
 
 

Please CLICK HERE if you would like to purchase the Fancy Flower Punch from Stampin Up.

Punches are a quick and easy way to add interest, dimension, and color to your cards, tags, and scrapbook pages. You can glue punched shapes directly onto your projects or layer a sheet of card stock that has been punched over a coordinating card stock for a reverse effect. The large cutting surface of our punches give you better punching leverage and cutting precision, and the sleeker body makes it easy to store.

■ Adds interest to scrapbook pages and cards
■ Has an easy-to-use thumb lever

 
 
 

 
 

Well, my kitchen is calling me.

I have my beautiful family to feed :)

Inky hugs, Pauline


8 comments:

  1. Pauline, this is stunning! What a wonderful way to make your "quilt" element! You rocked my "stitchy" challenge with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline, Just blog hopping and saw your card with that Die used so differently and I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layered flowers with the white leaves! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pauline, This card is everything. I love what you've done with the Lattice die and all the paper piecing. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful yellow flower! Love how you used the Lattice die and how you combined the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Pauline! I love how you "pieced" together your "quilt"! Very creative! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thans for joining us at EKEF!
    Its a Nice card!
    GREETZ Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoi Pauline, wat een schitterend kaartje heb je gemaakt voor de uitdaging bij EKEF! Superkleurtjes heb je gebruikt, gewoon een heel mooi geheel:) Gezellig dat je meedoet bij EKEF deze week! Groetjes,Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline