Here is the Simply Scored Scoring tool (#122334 - $38.95) to help you take the chore out of scoring.
So many smile .... begin with you!
Delicate Doilies (#122592 - $20.95) is perfect for adding elegance to your stampin Projects. These images coordinate perfectly with our punches and Designer Series Papers.
Petite Pairs (#122497 - $25.95) offers a sentiment for just about every occasion. I love how they come in pairs.
Hi dear Stampers.
Before I start my post today, I just have to blur out that I went this morning to the Stampin Up demonstrators website. On that site I was able to view the upcoming New Occasions Mini Catalogue that will be available from January 4th - April 30th of 2012. And looking through the pages of this mini, I have so fallen in love with all the new products that were designed to help you celebrate the upcoming occasions. There is an abundance of gorgeous new Stampin Up dies for your Big Shot! I know you'll be as excited as I am once you are able to get your creative hands on it. The stamp sets in the Mini are to adorable for words. They went above and beyond their cuteness level. I am so excited to show you it all to you, once we can as demo's.
I am sure you're already aware of this one. Stampin Up now offers a scoring tool that makes it a breeze to create multiple score marks. Our new Stampin Up Simply Scored tool has a scoring base that is slightly larger than 12'' x 12'' with vertical scoring grooves every 1/8'', perfect for making itty bitty folds, such as those on rosettes. If you want larger folds, simply score every 1/2 '' , or every 3/8'', or every 1'', well you get the idea. You can choose how far apart you want the score marks to be.
- The Simply Scored comes with rulers on the top and side and three Place markers (additional Place Markers are sold separately) The place markers come in handy if you're doing multiple projects with the same scoring measurements. Just insert the Place Marker into the slot at the top of the Simply Scored tool and forget about measuring over and over.
- The 5- 7/16 stylus has a cushioned grip for comfort and a large tip and small tip so you can choose how wide you want the actual score line to be. (You'll need to experiment a bit to determine the correct amount of pressure to apply for different types of paper.
- There is even a convenient storage compartment in the back of the tool for storing Place Markers, the Stylus, or a Bone folder (sold separately), so you can keep your scoring and folding tools together.
- Simply Scored can simplify your crafting and give you beautiful results. What could be better than that?
Rosettes look labor-intensive, but they're deceptively easy to create if you have the right tools and if you know a few tricks.
- If you're going to create multiple rosettes, score the entire sheet of paper first and then cut it into strips the size you need.
- To make more defined mountain and valley folds, score every other line, then flip the paper over and score the lines in between the ones you just scored. Depending on the thickness of the paper you're using. This could make it easier to fold. Fold the paper in accordion - style pleats.
- After you've scored and folded the paper, adhere the ends together to create a circle. The ends folds should be opposite; one should be a mountain fold and one should be a valley fold so the sequence of mountain and valley folds isn't interrupted once the ends are connected.
- Squeeze the circle together so it forms a cylinder, the stand it upright and gently push down on the top until it flattens into a rosette.
- Use a strong adhesive (like Glue Dots or Multipurpose Liquid Glue) to hold the rosette together. You can put the adhesive directly on your project and put the rosette on top of it.. Or you can punch a small circle and adhere the rosette to it. Please refer to my card that I created with this technique.
If you would like this to see this beautiful tool in action, you're welcome to book a workshop with me. This way we can use it for sure to make some beautiful projects. Invite some of your friends. 3 or 4 is enough for a class like this. Please contact me to get more details on this fun evening.
If all your friends place an order on that evening from the Stampin Up catalogue for $35 or more, this class will be for free! On top of that, you as a hostess can earn beautiful products for free as well. + at the end of the evening you will have 3 or more hand made cards to send to your loved ones and some beautiful Stampin Up products to look forward to! Please connect with me, I would love to hear from you!
Pss: From November the 1st - Dec. 15th 2011, Stampin Up gives hostesses double the rewards (amount on money to spend on Stampin Up items) for booking a workshop. Click HERE for more details. Again, please don't hesitate to contact me, I would love to hear from you!
Inky hugs, Pauline