look

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cute owl gift box by Stampin Up and me


















Good morning dear you. How is your day going?

Thanks for visiting my blog and for all the encouraging feedback that you continue to share with me. I love that my blog has become a place where you can depend on receiving new ideas and inspiration, great techniques and where you can hop over to some other great blogs of my friends. So, welcome back! I hope that today's post inspires you to create something sweet and fun.

You know, I love fall and everything that the season encompasses. So when the cooler weather approaches and the leaves begin to turn, I am always on the look out for fun activities to do with my family. So today I want to introduce you to this little cutie! I absolutely adore this little owl 'gift-box'. And have to tell you, my daugther was also in love (smile). I hope the pictures show you a bit on how to create this little sweetie.


  • It is really not that difficult, once you have the template working for you. :) Please click on the word 'template' to start creating your own little owl gift box. I printed it twice, cut one into different pieces and I had one on my table to look at and smile :).

I saw this owl on a German blog from Miri-D a while ago and it always stuck with me. Thanks so much for sharing this template with so many of us Miri. Cupcakes and owls are just the best. I can't wait to create some more of them. Have fun with yours!



  • I used the textured Early Espresso Stampin Up card stock for the layout of the owl.

  • I used my Stampin Up scallop circle die #2 for the eyes and rolled it through teh Big Shot. For the smaller size circles I used the SU circle punch for inside the eyes.

  • The basic grey corduroy buttons that I used for the eyes are also from Stampin Up. (#114345 - $3.89 for 24 beautiful buttons. Thye are in the clearance rack of the Stampin Up online store. Before they were $13.50. Stampin Up gives us lots of new and exciting products, but sometimes the old ones are not 'old fashion' to me at all :)

  • There is the Spice Cake Designer Series Paper from Stampin Up (#124003 - $13.50) that I used for the wings and it's little belly and cute eyes.

  • There is a little tie that I created with the '3/8 inch Ruffled Pool Party' SU ribbon to close this little gift box. (#122975 - $13.50 for 10 yards of the sweetest ribbon)

All that to say. I used the recipe from the lovely Paper Players #71 theme Challenge to dress up my little owl. They encouraged us to use 3 different patterned papers (check), 2 ribbons (check), at least one punch (check) and a sprinkling of glitter (check) I love how Anne Marie came up with that last line. She is so fun and inspiring.


Well.. I gotta go .. I have some lunch that I need to make to fill some hungry tummies. Have a beautiful rest of your day and I would love to hear from you if you have any questions or little notes. They really make my day.

17 comments:

  1. whoot whoot...how cool!
    TFS and for the template!
    Nu heb ik weer wat op mijn verlanglijstje om te maken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome project!!!!Thank you for sharing your creativity and template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my sweet GOODNESS, this is adorable!! Such a hoot, can't wait to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pauline this is super adorable. I must give this a try. Thanks for sharing the template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Pauline! It doesn't get any cuter than this! Thank you so much for including the template! And...thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh oh oh hoe krijg je het weer voor elkaar; ge-wel-dig!
    Stella
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a keeper! This is a adorable. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute cute, just adorable. Love your Owl box. So glad to see you playing at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whooo created the cutest little owl, ever? You sure did, Pauline! I just love all of the pretty patterns and details you added to really give this guy some character. Those little corduroy button eyes are such a fun touch. Thanks for sharing the template, too. I really want to try it out. Thanks so much for playing along with my recipe challenge this week at the Paper Players! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This owl is just too stinkin' cute!! I will be featuring this little guy on My Crafty Picks #42 with a link back to your blog on 11-13-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this is just absolutely adorable! I love everything about this little guy...including that you shared the template with us ;) I will definitely be giving this one a try. You did a fabulous job. Thanks so much for sharing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy smokes Pauline, this is SO cool! I love the way you used the DSP and the corduroy buttons! We just finished studying Owls in my class, and I know the kids would love this! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. GOSH!! This is so stinkin' cute! Love the big owl eyes and all the spice cake paper details. Thank you soooo much for sharing the template too. It is just adorable! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too darn cute! I am going to have to use this for my daughter for Christmas since she adores owls. You have done a fabulous job with the challenge. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pauline, I'm your newest follower from livelovekreate:) I think this owl is so stinkin cute:) Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline