- I created this card for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #82. Their verse of the week is from Philippian 4:6-7. 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.'
I love that God put this verse in the Bible. 'Do not lean on your own understanding' (Proverbs 3:5) and the part where it says 'that the peace of God can transcend all my understanding'..
- Honestly.. my thoughts can make over hours.. I turn things over and over in my brain. there are days that I am trying to make sense of it all.. and when I can't.. (of course I can't :) I can get so overwhelmed.. Yip.. no peace.. Usually, when I understand something.. I can have peace with it.. or not.. it depends on what is happening..
But I have felt God's peace.. even in the midst of those crazy moments. It is so good to know, that He is able to do that and that He is not dependent on my way of thinking or understanding. And the awesome thing is.. When His peace kind of 'kicks in'' I sometimes can think more straight and I have a better time letting go of those sticky things in my life. I hope that makes sense..
Anyway.. here is my card. The Stampin Sisters challenged us to use paper piecing in the main image of our card.
- I used my cute little baby chicken image of the Country morning stamp set by Stampin Up for the first time this morning. I love how new life starts like that. So fragile.. Wow.
- I also used one of the sentiments from my new set: 'Hope happens' (#113722 - $24.95 - page 149) by Stampin Up. This set has 5 beautiful thoughts you can use on your cards or scrapbook pages. I love it.
- I added 5 pearls in the left corner. (Basic pearls #119247 - $6.50. for 150 pearls - page 188)
Well. I gotta go.. Life is waiting again. I would love to hear from you. It really is a treat to read your sweet comments.
Inky hugs, Pauline