look

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scandinavian Season by Stampin up for Christmas








I just adore this Scandinavian Season stamp set from Stampin Up. It was for sale in their mini catalog in 2008. The higlight of this card is the Scandinavian seasonal tree inked up in the SU Real red ink and stamped on some Whisper White card stock. I matted the panel on Basic grey and again real red card stock. A 4.25 x 5.5 base card of Stampin Up Basic Grey was used as the base of it all. I used a wide strip of the Ski Slope Designer Series Paper from Stampin Up on the left side as a rich final.
I love how the line images of this stamp set leave such a crisp impression. In the left corner you see that I used the Curly Label Punch made by Stampin up to punch out a real red shape. I glued on this punched out shape, part of an image from the Cute and Curly stamp set. I love the part where it says 'dear friend'.
I know it is Summer and not Christmas yet.. but Christmas cards have been on my mind lately.. I am just playing with some of the retired Christmas stamp sets and dreaming at the same time about what I can do with the newer ones that I am able to order in about 1 week.
Oh how fun!
Thanks for stopping by again dear friends! I love to hear from you!


5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have this set too and just love it. I like the grey and red together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is lovely Pauline! Such a beautiful image!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas in July always seems good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoi Pauline, bedankt voor je berichtjes,ik kan je email niet vinden op je blog,dus dan hier maar een berichtje.
    Ik ga morgen naar de stad en kan wel kijken wat ze hebben.Ik kan natuurlijk ook afdrukjes maken voor je van alle 'Hollandse' stempels die ik inmiddels heb.Die ik op mijn blog heb staan is helaas niet meer te krijgen,die heb ik een paar jaar geleden gekocht.
    Laat maar weten wat je graag wilt.
    Groetjes uit het hoge noorden van Nederland!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline