look

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Welcome Christmas by Stampin Up and me.




I know.. I hear you thinking.. what's wrong with this sweet woman :) ? Yes.. I am not really welcoming Christmas in October.. but I sure enjoyed creating this card today.
The Designer Series Paper I used from Stampin Up is from a long long time ago.. It was probable for sale in the beginning of 2000. I still love it to pieces. And aren't the images from this stamp set 'Welcome Christmas' adorable.. They are so inviting and sweet.

We were never allowed to help decorating the Christmas tree in my home.
My dad would close the living room door and he would put on some Kings College Carols music from England and he would set up the tree. He would light up the candles and turn off all the lights. Then after he was all done.. we could all come together in to the room and see the result. What a moment.. He always did a amazing job.

The carols and the smell of the tree, the flickering lights of the candles were beautiful. But most of all, my dad's face was just the sweetest thing in the whole room. He loved surprising us. And we felt loved.

Each year my dad and my brother would go to Koln in Germany and buy there one new Christmas decoration for in the tree. So cute.. The 2 man on a hunt for a new ball or ornament.

I love those memories.
Me and my hubby have 3 small children and a whole load of unbreakable Christmas ornaments. This way our kids can help decorate the tree.. It is so much fun.. The tree is not a tree that reflects the ones in the magazines.. but it is one that our kids are so proud of..
I will post a picture once that day has come, then you can join in the fun.

Well, the sun is shining.. and Christmas will not be here for another 2 months.. YES!!!
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Hugs, Pauline

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too early to start making Christmas cards. And a lovely one too. I am a new follower from Stampin' Connection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline