Good morning everyone. Yes it is Monday again. and what a day it is.
Our son did not want to go to school this morning. I couldn't blame him. It was - 26 Celsius outside.. our beds were warm and over the weekend we went to 3 parties. they were so much fun. We had a belated New Years party with so many amazing people that wanted to listen to his stories about the human body.. Reuben received a new book about our bodies and he brought it .. yip.. to the party.. I am not sure everyone was ready to face the inside of a lot of our body parts.. but they were a great sport.. They welcomed his excitement and love for the weirdest details of also - their human parts.. wonderfully!
Then there was church with many of his friends, his grandma's Carolyn's birthday party and in the evening at the Olympic Gymnastic Center in Calgary there was another super active and fun party of one of his friends.. I tell you.. It was sure fun.. but I was pooped and so did the kids when we all crawled in our beds..
This morning Reuben woke up early and just wanted to stay home.. He said.. Mom.. I think I missed my weekend. I am not ready to go to school yet.. I want to play and my teacher makes me work.
Oh my... He is only six.. I couldn't get it over my lips that he probable needs to go to school for the next 15 years.. Sigh.. Poor little guy.. all he wants is to play!
Well.. he did leave the house with tears in his eyes.. I am sure they froze while he was walking all wrapped up against this darn cold her in Calgary..
And yes.. I wanted to play this morning too.. So forget about the dishes and the weekend mess that needed some of my attention of course too..
So I hopped over to the Mojo Monday blog challenge #174 and saw one beautiful Layout for my play-time.
- As a base for my card I used the Sahara Sand card stock from Stampin Up.
- On top of that I used a layer of the Poppy Parade card stock..
- The DSP that you see is the retired Bella Bleu from Stampin Up. What a great paper.
- That little bird that you see is from the 'Aviary' stampset that is still available in the Stampin Up catalogue..
- I used some real red grosgrain ribbon to tie my bow.. After I took the photo I fixed the bow up a bit.. It was a bit to cricket.
- The sentiment is from the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set that is also retired.. but still so 'up to date in my humble opinion. You got to read the words inside the flower, where they explain what 'Blossom' means: 'A time of vigor, freshness and beauty'.. Love it!
- Then I added one of those cute little Real Red Flower brads from stampin Up. (#119734 - $11.50 for 48 brads.)
- 3 of my circle punches helped me to quickly ad some funky circles to my card.
I hope you can stay warm and enjoy your day.
Inky hugs, Pauline.