And what a beautiful day it was!
- My dear friend Caryn came over this morning with a hot Chai Latte for me to sip on and while our kids were playing together in perfect peace, we were able to make 3 cards! You have to know this part.. Caryn is so so sweet. She has a heart of gold! And she got so excited while she was making her cards. She did so well.. Less glue this time :) Just kiddin'.. last time she used so much glue that her cards got all wrinkle.. But that's how we learn right.. At least I do.. We do .... In this house.. Nothing goes easy the first time.. I can tell you that one.
Now something about me.. I am a perfectionist. I'll tell you why... One card was done.. just laying around and being pretty.. Now, while I was working on my next card, something that had ink on it and that wasn't dry.. touched my finished card.. sigh.. Sad sad!
Now I look at this grey card and all I can see is this stainy thingy on that cute whale.. Forget about all the others that are still happy and clean critters.. but.. I don't like my card anymore..
I got to work on that.. That's not good.. All I can think is.. How can I fix it.. or maybe I should just throw it out.. I know.. it's sad.. But.. I posted it on my blog.. and that is one thing a real perfectionist wouldn't do right? I hope so...
- We used the Fox & Friends Stampin Up stamp set for these 2 cards.
- The card stock that you see is Certainly Celery, Basic Grey, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White and Daffodil Delight.
- We inked up the critters in Basic Grey ink and Early Espresso.
- The 1-1/4 large square punch and the 1-3/8 extra large square punch from Stampin Up helped us to quickly have the perfect sized squares for our cards.
- the flower brads were the cutest thing to ad to the fox and the lion. Suddenly the whole card had a whole new level of cuteness :)
- The little 'hi' is from the Fabulous Phrases Stampin Up set. This set has 30 different words. Just perfect for that extra little touch!
And there you have it. Another 5 minute card.
+ The day is not over yet.. This evening if everything will work out as planned. 3 of my dear friends are coming over and while the kids are sleeping we will stamp our hearts out (is that even an expression.. sounds more cruel than I meant it!)
Anyway.. Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by. I always love to have you visit and your comments are just the best!
Inky hugs, Pauline