look

Friday, January 14, 2011

Upsy Daisy & Love Bandit by Stampin Up and me




Hi everyone.

So glad you took the time to come and visit me for a bit on my blog.

Today I needed a quick card to send to Holland. That part worked out just fine :) The only problem now is getting this card to the Post Office.. Our car is having some kind of light show on it's dash board...

When I start the car, 3 different bright signs are starting to 'look' me right in the eye. I think they are trying to send me a message.. I tried to tell the car, that that's not my thing... and that I am not the one who can translate this message in to a safe and good action for it..
So I guess I need to bring it to the Toyota dealership sooner than later... Sigh..

We really need this car this weekend though.. 2 birthday parties and one New Years party are waiting for our sweet visit.. & I really do not want to end up in the ditch with -25 Celsius (in the wind this means -30 something :( + 3 cold precious frozen kids .. Yip...what to do... Even getting to the dealership.. I find pretty tricky.. what if half way this car had it and just quits on us? That's why we have cell phones I guess..

Anyhoo.... Don't you love the colors I picked today? I am not sure if I ever used this trio!
  • As a base for this card I used the Taken with Teal.. It is so retired.. and it is such a shame..
  • The second layer I picked is the retired Kiwi Kiss.
  • On top of that is a layer of Tempting Turquoise by Stampin Up.
  • Again I used that tiny little owl from 'Love Bandit' to create a bit of a retro look.
  • the flowers you see are from the retired stamp set 'Upsy Daisy' by Stampin Up. That set is not leaving this house.. I so love it.
  • I inked up the Daises with Stampin Up's Whisper white craft ink..
  • + as an added fun detail I glued on 3 Designer buttons created by Stampin Up.

Sweet, sweet.. and sweet.

I hope your weekend is going to be great..

Inky hugs, Pauline

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet and even sweeter, Pauline!! Love that stamp set and the color combination is just stunning. Kiwi Kiss is one of my favorite colors - I'm going to be utterly despondent when my stash runs out.

    Hope your car is alright!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline