look

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Countryside and Kiwi Kiss by Stampin Up and me






Hi dear you.
How did your day go? Here in Calgary the temperature was +10 Celsius. Oh boy.. I could live here :) You know I am kiddin' right :) My hubby came home and said with the biggest smile on his face.. Now who's going to mow the grass?.. All that snow is just melting it's way into the sewage system (I know, I know... winter is not over yet.. we are just pretending in this house that Spring is just around the corner :) It works for us.. I opened all the windows, cleaned the floors and some windows.. and we made a nice walk outside and helped the streams of water to flow faster to the pits in the road.. So fun. We were so into it.. It's like addicting.. making those tiny streams turn into little rivers... Wow does this kind of weather motivate me to be 'alive' again :)
  • Anyway... This card covers 2 Challenges and I so love both of them. The first One is the Mojo Monday Challenge #175 and the other one is a new one for me.. It is the Color Throwdown CTD126. As you can see, they picked my favorite colors today.

  • I inked up the image from SU 'Countryside' stamp set (#120495 - $20.95) into some Marina Mist ink and stamped it on a piece of Whisper white Stampin Up card stock.
  • I layered it on some Basic Grey card stock and used some retired SU DSP to make it pop just a little more.
  • I used a cute CUTE flower button from SU and placed a little pearl in the middle. It just needed that little bling.. don't you think?
  • The ribbon that you see is from the retired SU color KIWI KISS.. This color is one of my favorites.. I sure hope they will bring that color back some time in the catalog.
  • Oopsy.. I just realised that I had to use Early Espresso instead of the Basic Grey.. sigh.. I hope they will not kick me out of this challenge.. I will give i a try.. Oh to bad.. not sure how that happened.. :(

Well.. I need to take a look at the pizza.. so it doesn't burn.. I love those moments where the oven is doing the rest of the work and I can just relax..

Psss: Don't forget to take a peek at the Sale-a-Bration catalog.. There are so many beautiful free stamps for you to choose from, inside of there for you to ad to your order of $60.

Inky hugs, Pauline

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this! Particularly that you used the image and didn't NEED to color it in!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I love that card - perfect masculine card. +10 Celsius, I'm jealous, Pauline! Can you send some my way, pretty please with a cherry on top? We could use some serious melting here. I think we have a snowpack of at least 2 feet and more in other spots. I'm so ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card! I like your interpretation of the sketch, too. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a beautiful job with this image...and the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline