look

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Big Bold Cupcake turns into a flower pot by Stampin Up and me




Hi everyone. Thanks for checking back with me on my blog. I hope you had a great week. The days go so fast. Oh my! I am so excited to show you this card I made.

I used the Big Bold Cupcake Sizzlits die from Stampin Up. But instead of making the traditional cupcake I created a flower pot. The candles are now the stems and the leaves of the flowers. The cup ,of the cupcake is now the flower pot, which I trimmed a bit. The flowers came with the sizzlits die. So I am sure I am not the first one, who tried this out. (smile) And the scallop border you see, is the cake turned upside down. I love this card. The happy yellow is such a great catch for the Basic Grey.

Again I hope that the pictures will help you to get a good idea of making this card. Have fun casing this idea!

Enjoy the rest of your day. The weekend is almost here! Fun, fun

7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute and HAPPY card! What a fun and inventive way to use that die...I think I have to add it to my next order! :)

    Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you did this card! I am now going to case YOUR card. I saw this a while ago and I don't remember where! Now I have yours. Thanks for blessing my day and bring inspiration into my stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea!!!! Love the purple and yellow together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart way to use this! Cute colors and card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Pauline (my mother's name, btw :-)! Thanks so much for visiting my blog...and following...I love any and all comments! Your flower pot card idea is adorable! I'm enjoying your blog music...have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love how you have used the dies for something other than cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline