look

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Big Bold Cupcake turns into a flower pot by Stampin Up and me




Hi everyone. Thanks for checking back with me on my blog. I hope you had a great week. The days go so fast. Oh my! I am so excited to show you this card I made.

I used the Big Bold Cupcake Sizzlits die from Stampin Up. But instead of making the traditional cupcake I created a flower pot. The candles are now the stems and the leaves of the flowers. The cup ,of the cupcake is now the flower pot, which I trimmed a bit. The flowers came with the sizzlits die. So I am sure I am not the first one, who tried this out. (smile) And the scallop border you see, is the cake turned upside down. I love this card. The happy yellow is such a great catch for the Basic Grey.

Again I hope that the pictures will help you to get a good idea of making this card. Have fun casing this idea!

Enjoy the rest of your day. The weekend is almost here! Fun, fun

8 comments:

  1. This is such a cute and HAPPY card! What a fun and inventive way to use that die...I think I have to add it to my next order! :)

    Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you did this card! I am now going to case YOUR card. I saw this a while ago and I don't remember where! Now I have yours. Thanks for blessing my day and bring inspiration into my stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea!!!! Love the purple and yellow together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart way to use this! Cute colors and card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from SC, great cards!!

    http://andreahook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Pauline (my mother's name, btw :-)! Thanks so much for visiting my blog...and following...I love any and all comments! Your flower pot card idea is adorable! I'm enjoying your blog music...have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love how you have used the dies for something other than cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline