look

Friday, August 20, 2010

Funky four by Stampin Up and me








My friend Diana would smile if she would see this card.. I just told her the other day that it was enough for me with the colors brown, blue and olive.. she smiled.. 'Yeah' she said.. I noticed you like these colors..' sigh..Well I tried using other colors for the last couple of days, it was good.. but certain stamp images have these 3 colors written all over it. I am sorry.. if I would use any other color, I would feel I would make these cute mushrooms kind of handicapped. (I hope I didn't offend anyone with what I wrote there.)
So today here it is.. welcome to another lovely card in the colors 'chocolate chip, old olive and Very Vanilla'. Do you remember those little flower brads that you were able to order around Valentine this year.. It just fits perfectly on this image.. So clever, right.
As a base for this card I used the Crumb Cake card stock from Stampin Up. A piece of the 'Elegant Soiree' Designer Series Paper gave it some nice Jazz.
Well.. I love it.. love it, love it! and I am happy to share it.
Have a great weekend everyone.. We're off to see some mountains this weekend and to be with my hubbies parents, our kids lovely Grandparents. They are both so sweet and loving toward our kids and us.. The kids are counting the hours.. I still have to do some packing and cleaning and so much more.. But it's going to be good.

2 comments:

  1. I like this card a lot. Simple, but yet very interesting with great character! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say.. i was NOT a big fan of this set, and I LOVE what you have done with it! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline