look

Monday, August 30, 2010

Greeting Card Kids by Stampin Up and me





This weekend we were in Sundre to spend some time with my hubbies brother and his sweet sweet family. While the 2 men of the households were on their quads watching the deer, the wild horses, the black bear and many other wildlife creatures with our oldest kids, me and Diana made some cards. It was so much fun and so relaxing. With a warm cup of coffee and some good conversations (she is such an amazing friend to me) I was able to make 4 cards. All for the holidays.
Here is one of them. It was hard for me to catch the real red in the photo's I took. In real life the colors are so crisp and catchy. Anyway..

I used the 'Greeting Cards Kids' Stamp set by Stampin Up. The card base is Early Espresso and Real Red. I colored the little girl in with the coordinating colors of the retired Christmas DSP from SU. I stamped the sentiment in silver ink and I added 3 tiny pearls on her red winter coat. The real Red Grosgrain Ribbon really added that extra texture that this card needed.

I just had to post a photo of our 14 month old/young little girl.. I know it is still August.. but out there in Sundre, close to the mountains, it was close to zero degrees.. (sigh, summer where art though?) She was just so adorable with her little winter hat.. I had to share the look on her face with you.. Naomi just melts my heart with her cute little face. I hope she brings a smile to your day as well.

Well.. that's it for today. A new week. One day at the time.. We can do it! Right?

3 comments:

  1. Pauline, just found your blog because of the nice comment you left on mine..........thanks!! Your blog is wonderful, you do great work. In my favorites now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love it when hubby is busy and you're doing what you love to do.... now that's relaxing!! Cute card, Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those cute kiddos - they remind me of the Campbell's Soup kids! lol...Love the card, too. Great colors and layout, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline