look

Friday, August 6, 2010

Oh so lovely by Stampin up and me.




Today my dear friend Christy and her hubby are coming to visit us in Calgary for a couple of days with their 2 little boys. Their youngest one I haven't even seen yet.. 2 years it has been since we saw each other. sigh.. so thankful we can meet again. This morning I made them this card. The little sentiment says: 'The season of friendship last forever'.
Christy means so much to me. When I first came to Canada about 9 years ago.. she was there for me. She was one of my first Canadian friends. She was so patient with me and my silly English. Really I must have sounded like a 4 year old :) This woman is so welcoming and kind. Wow, have I been missing her. We both love special teas and Chai lattes. And while we are sipping our drinks we love to chat and listen to each other. We would go for walks in Winnipeg, we both helped out with the moms group in our church, we would try to read the same books and be all profound about them. She makes me smile.. Like I said I can't wait to see her again.
I made this card with the Crumb Cake, Kiwi Kiss and Very Vanilla card stock from Stampin Up. I also used some shiny Kiwi Kiss ribbon and 3 corduroy buttons in yes.. you guessed it right.. in Kiwi Kiss as well. I used the Crumb Cake ink pad to ink up one of the images from a retired SU Hostess set called: 'Oh so lovely'.
I love the result.
I hope Christy and I will have some free time this weekend (without the 5 kids we are going to have in this house) to make some cards..
Anyway.. thanks for listening to all my babbling.. I appreciate you stopping by again. If you have a blog as well.. please drop me a line and I would love to check out yours and become one of your blog followers. Bless you!



7 comments:

  1. again a great card and what a lovely ribbon you used for this card....love Peet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I love them all. Thanks for sharing your wonderful projects. So inspiring! Following you now. Will be back to visit. :-)
    Heather Howe
    www.stampingknowhowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi....I'm now following you from Stampin' Connection....Pop on over to my blog at www.cindys-inklings.blogspot.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your 101st follower! VeryI'm following you from SC. Hope you'll join me too!
    www.crafthavenretreats.blogspot.com pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing. Following through SC. Good Luck and God Bless.

    Diana
    http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pauline...Thank You I needed That, you know what I'm talking about "He" came back to me (I know he never left) this year after I thought I was losing my mind. "He" and some other help, brought me back to myself, who I knew I was/am. I Thank him almost every Minute of every day, I know my Family does also. Hugs
    I love this card and miss this ribbon I used mine all up and why oh why did SU retire the cord buttons????WAAAAA!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for inviting me to your great site! I am following thru SC!
    www.stampingcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your comment. Enjoy the rest of your day! Take care, Pauline